Assiniboine Park for a Picnic or a day trip to Bird’s Hill for some
nature; just to name a few. The thing about the ‘Peg is that if you
stray too far from some well established paths you can incur serious mental and/or physical trauma. Some thrive on this challenge...some seek danger to feel alive...these are the adrenaline junkies that fuel sports like base jumping or croc wrestling. For you thrill seekers out there, in Winnipeg, we have our own specialized types of Extreme Sports:
- Beer... RUN!: Get yourself a 24 of Beer. Get this from the Sherbrook Inn beer vendor just off Westminster . Type of beer: Standard works well, but to really garner attention make it Bud. With the 24 in tow, hang just outside the doors. Wait for 1 hour.
- Window Licking: Get on a downtown bus in winter. See those windows? All steamy, sweaty and gross. Lick it. If you don’t require immediate medical attention you win!
- Bike Bait: Ride a bike on Winnipeg Streets. Good luck not getting swiped, scratched, dented, swore at, pot holed or thrown from your bike.
- Bug Bites: Yes... we all know there are bugs aplenty in Winnipeg, but try this modified Bug Sport for some real annoying buzzing in your ears! Go into Wolseley armed with a back pack of deet products.
Raid, Outdoor Woodsman, whatever...the strong stuff. Border line illegal deet content. Walk down Ruby and spray the shit. Just spray it in the area. Give it minutes and the lynch party will arrive.
- The Long Walk: Go for a nice long walk on the River Pathway, all the way from Omands Creek to the old pump house. Wear your Sunday best. After 10 pm. Bring protection. Various forms.
And the super extreme sport for Spring 2014....
Tupac’s Revenge: Go to the front of the Millenium library. Loudly
announce that Tupac sucked ass and anyone who likes him sucks equal ass.
Prepare for the beat down!