As reported earlier, there was an afternoon occurrence at 87 Smith Street that had coppers, paramedics and old ladies living across the hall, collectively shaking their heads. The DSC very early on collected some important details about the event, namely, the involvement of a human head, a cat, and a freezer. These three components seem to be the players in the Smith Street fiasco.
It has been uncovered that a hapless Downtownite decided to save 20 cents and get his pet cat cheaper food. Big mistake...according to police. Constable O' Penbottom stated,
" The cat was apparently very picky about what food it would ingest. As the days went by and the cat rejected the food, the feline turned hunger into anger."
" As the man waited for the cat to be affected by the cold of the freezer, his profusely bleeding head froze to the inside of the freezer. When we arrived on the scene, we saw the tenant standing completely limp, held up by the head in the freezer with an ice ball mixture of blood, drool, and the cat."
Paramedics managed to crack the ice off the mans head and the tenant was rushed to hospital where he is recovering from multiple face lacerations and frost bitten ears, nose and gums. The frozen, starved, barely living cat was sold to one of the many food trucks parked on Broadway.
DSC News Bulletin Services