1. Marijuana culture is populated and will continue to be populated by the criminal element. Undesirables.
2. Marijuana is readily available in most areas throughout Canada, even given the current laws. The folks involved in this trade are, by definition, criminals. Canada has many of them.
3. Any revision or reform in the current legislation will threaten the lives of Canadian youth/children leading to inevitable societal breakdown.
4. Applications for medical marijuana grower’s licenses are slow to be processed. Three hundred pending, two approved during the summer of 2014. Approximately 1000 applications were received.
5. The medical marijuana lobby is a thinly veiled attempt by potheads and undesirables to corrupt Canadian society.
6. If reform or revision is approved and marijuana is taxed and controlled by the Government of Canada, they might benefit from a new revenue stream. Our governments already make buckets of cash from alcohol, tobacco and gambling so we best not add to that mix of vices. Canadians have enough of them already.
7. Job creation. Tory’s enjoy economics as politics but not this type.
8. Marijuana could become big business. This would mean that patents will be made on seeds, genetics and grow methods. Marijuana commerce would then start to benefit the business owners. Frontline growers will become wage earners. Owners will become wealthy. Grow-ops will be bought out. Monopolies will form. Hard to believe Mr. Harper would dismiss that future.
9. Government regulation and big business will lead to increased prices for potent weed and lower prices for the rest of it. Ready to pay 100.00 a quarter for Purple Kush? Perhaps the government will regulate the prices too, just as Apple does with their products (BTW, the Apple Watch is lame).
10. Would Agriculture Canada, through Statistics Canada, conduct grow-op surveys on yields, storage and revenues? They’ve already thoroughly pissed off the Canadian farmers and irritated the Canadian public with their invasive questions. Get ready, it's coming.
11. Marijuana will only be grown and purchased in government regulated outlets and operations. Licensing fees! More taxes!
12. Age of majority cards. What would the legal age be for marijuana smokers? What about growers? Penalties for violations.
13. Mr. Harper enjoys living a drug free life. No caffeine, alcohol or aspirin. He is a great man.