While firefighters were able to contain the fire in the room where it started, there was severe smoke, heat and water damage to the suite itself and the apartment under it. Once again, it would seem that unattended cigarette droppings were the root cause. Unlike a recent recycle bin fire that caused a car to explode on Donald Street, this inferno was caused by a resident. Word on the curb says, a tired, hard working man, engaged in a prolonged masturbation session, felt the need to light up a smoke and, unsurprisingly, then passed out due to exhaustion. The lit cigarette apparently ignited some paper towels and old porno mags that were strewn about the bedroom of the suite. The culprit escaped with only minor burns but sadly, he lost his entire mid-80's vintage SWANK collection to the blaze.
DSC News Bulletin Services