The Vehicle was engulfed in flames and several explosions were heard by tenants within the apartment building.
One bystander stated,
"It was like being in a war zone! There were flames everywhere, smoke and then these explosions! I was terrified!"
Fire fighters arrived quickly and extinguished the blaze within minutes. A truck that was parked next to the exploding car was also affected by the intense heat (as seen in picture below). Damage is estimated to be in the range of $60,000.
While it is unclear how the fire actually started in the recycle bin, a mentioned theory is that it was not a malicious act but rather the unfortunate result of a full recycle bin, a bin picker, a lit cigarette and high winds.